Xi Jinping is most definitely one of the most powerful leaders of China, not just for today, but of all times. His ruling power is close to the founding father of the Communist Party, Mao Zedong. At the Communist Party congress, China’s most important political meeting, “Xi Jinping Thought” platform was incorporated with an unanimous vote.
One of the most important issues that came out on this congress was the power that Xi Jinping has over the party and China altogether. Notably, under his rule we have the strongest China that we have ever seen.
The first chapter was Chairman Mao uniting a country devastated by civil war. The second was China getting rich under Deng Xiaoping. Xi Jinping era is about unity, wealth and discipline while making China strong abroad.
Xi Jinping Thought consists of a 14-point policy, which in turn would seem basic, but in reality are the main cornerstones of the Communist Party in China:
- Ensuring Communist Party of China leadership over all forms of work in China.
- The Communist Party of China should take a people-centric approach for the public interest.
- The continuation of “comprehensive deepening of reforms”.
- Adopting new development ideas based on science and for “innovative, coordinated, green, open and shared development”.
- Following “socialism with Chinese characteristics” with “people as the masters of the country”.
- Governing China with the rule of law.
- “Practise socialist core values”, including Marxism, communism and “socialism with Chinese characteristics”.
- “Improving people’s livelihood and well-being is the primary goal of development”.
- Coexist well with nature with “energy conservation and environmental protection” policies and “contribute to global ecological safety”.
- Strengthen national security.
- The Communist Party of China should have “absolute leadership over” China’s People’s Liberation Army.
- Promoting the one country, two systems system for Hong Kong and Macau with a future of “complete national reunification”; and to follow the One-China policy and 1992 Consensus for Taiwan.
- Establish a common destiny between Chinese people and other people around the world with a “peaceful international environment”.
- Improve party discipline in the Communist Party of China.
Photo: JOHANNES EISELE/AFP/Getty Images